The Maria-Theresia and Veterans College (Latin: Collegium Veteranorum) is a building complex of the Catholic University of Leuven in the Belgian city of Leuven. It is located between Sint-Michielsstraat, Hogeschoolplein, Pope’s College, Pieter De Somer Aula, Maurits Sabbe Library and St Michael’s Church.
Maria-Theresia College was founded in 1583 by the Jesuits between Pope’s College, Rue Saint-Michel, King’s College and Rue Charles Deberiot. In 1610, an elongated wing on Rue Saint-Michel and a lower gatehouse adjacent to Pope’s College were built. In 1773, the Jesuit order was dissolved and the buildings were repurposed as the Collegium Veteranorum, a residence for former theology students. The college served successively as a seminary general (1786), hospital (1801), warehouse (1810) and chemistry department of the newly founded University of Leuven in 1816. In the late 18th and early 19th centuries, the transverse wings and garden walls were demolished, the garden disappeared and some new buildings were erected. In 1825, following the establishment of the Philosophical College, the Great Aula was erected and the Small Aula followed in 1827. In 1835, the college was named after Empress Maria Theresa. Finally, the construction of a third auditorium in the Veterans College courtyard and the connecting wing to the Huis de Dorlodot on Charles Deberiot Street followed in 1897.
In 2010, a hall in the Veterans College was named after Óscar Romero, Roman Catholic archbishop of San Salvador.